Sunday, October 11, 2009

Things People Say To Me

Yesterday, I got a chance to see my little sisters when we went out to get a dress for homecoming. (I was going to just wear some random clothes I have, but my mom was like, "We can go to Encore and pick up a dress, no big deal.") So while we were there, my little sister who is 6 was trying on the tiaras and making Laura and Sarah do the same. One of the women working there looked at my little sister and said, "Aren't you just gorgeous!" My little sister, who was gazing at herself in a hand mirror, replied smugly, "Yes!" Laura said her self-confidence balances out my complete lack of that virtue.

Just a couple of minutes ago, I was talking to my suitemate Melissa about homecoming, and she said it's her dream to be homecoming queen someday. "You should vote for me, because I'll bring an end to world peace!"
That's a good campaign strategy for sure.

And now for a segment I like to call, "Laura's Words of Wisdom."

Yesterday at dinner, I was talking about how my little brother is having a hard time at school because apparently all the kids he goes to school with make fun of him and call him "The Weird Kid," even though he's legitimately one of the awesomest 14-year-olds I know. Laura's advice was, "If you can't beat them, don't join them. Kill them."
Righto.

After watching Dead Poet's Society, Laura's comment was, "The moral of this movie is 'Don't trust a ginger.'"
Don't trust a ginger, never trust a ginger, don't trust a ginger; don't trust me.

Finally, a word of caution from Laura: "Don't just eat grapes."

3 comments:

  1. Yes, please, Jolly, don't eat grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u SO much for documenting my rediculousness, really =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i caught the 3OH!3 reference...haha. although, i'm not sure if that's a good thing.

    Laura has the best one-liner wisdom sayings of anyone originating from the state of Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete