Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Vintage

I've been thinking about quality a lot lately.
Like, someone with a "quality" voice for musical theatre now would have been considered a terrible singer 20 years ago, because styles change. Or people say that American movies are the best quality, and that our acting is better, but isn't that just a matter of opinion?
What about music? The music that I like, other people don't. Does that mean that they like "bad" music and I like "good" music.
It might be unfair to judge things in such a black and white way. I'm trying to see art as not a matter of good and bad, but of personal taste. Maybe people should just say that they don't prefer things.
It's really hard not to judge, though. It's really easy to make fun of stuff that I think is crap.
It's really easy to make fun of stuff in general.

Look at that. Hippies. Hippies wear the AWESOMEST clothes, hands down. I would dress like that if a) I had those clothes and b) I were beautiful. It's all headbands and bright colors. Geez.

Sometimes I get in the mood to watch every All American Rejects music video there is. I don't care if that's wrong. I love them. I taught Noraa to sing "Swing Swing" when she was too little to even understand the words.

I saw my grades. Even though I was sure I was going to get a B for Foundations of British Literature, I managed to pull an A out of that class. So I have all As for every semester, which is crazy. People keep asking my parents how I'm doing and stuff, and they're always like "Did she get her first B yet?"
I study a lot, I guess.

It's almost Christmas! It's almost flipping Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment